Every time I take my bag my husband says “Are we going on safari?” My response is usually “No, but you got be prepared.” I never know when I might get an opportunity to stitch and I do not want to miss it if I can.
For those of you who know me well you know that I like the full coverage cross stitch design like Heaven and Earth. So a lot a prep work goes on before I even start a project. Here is my list of all of the items that I need for a specific project:
What is in a Cross Stitch Bag?
- Pattern – I like to place my patterns in a notebook with page protectors. This may not work for all of your patterns.
- Notebook (optional)
- Page Protectors (optional)
- Bais Tape (optional) – If the fabric is surged I usually omit this step.
- Basting Thread – Due to the size of these projects I grid the center, page breaks and 10X10 grid lines.
- Floss – I like to store my floss in a bag and ring system. You can substitute your personal floss organization for the bags and rings. Example: Box and Bobbins
- Tool Box – See tool box list.
- Ort Box
- Stitching Bag
- Extras – these get included depending on the room in my stitching bag or extended time away from home.
- Maginfier (optional)
- Light (optional)
- Frame Stand (optional) – Not included on a daily basis but will get include if going on vacation or going to a lengthy stitch in
What Goes In A Tool Box?
- Note Pad
- Needles – I like to use size 28 tapestry needles for a project like this.
- Needle Threader – The Loran one is my favorite one.
- Star de tailor – Economical fiber hider.
- Thread Heaven – Thread conditioner.
- Qsnaps – I like Qsnaps but you can substitute with hoop or scroll bars if you prefer.
- Qsnaps Cover
- Sponge – I use a sponge to straighten my threads
- Water bottle
- Needle Pullers
- Magnets (4)
- Counting Pins (20)
- Hair Clips (5) – These are used to tame any long threads on a piece.
- Boo Boo Stick
- Stitch Fixer
- Laying Tool – Like to use a trolley needle.
Now that you know what is in my bag. What is in your stitching bag? What is your must have tool? If you put together a smalls kit what would you need to have in it?