The National EGA Seminar 2015 Committee is looking for a few good needleworkers to replicate our beautiful logo above in a stitched piece. The piece will be featured on the cover of NeedleArts. We may also kit the piece and sell it at upcoming events as part of seminar merchandise. So, take all of your great ideas, beautiful fibers and fascinating fabric and create your one of a kind piece to celebrate Stitchin’ Fiesta in San Antonio, TX in 2015!
DUE DATE: The submitted pieces will be displayed at SCR Seminar 2014 in Baton Rouge.
If mailing: Send to Carol Parker, 6125 Sheridan Oaks Drive, Beaumont, TX 77706 to arrive no later than May 31, 2014
If coming to SCR Seminar 2014: Must deliver it to the Registration Desk no later than 5:00 PM June 10 JUDGING: SCR Seminar 2014 attendees will be casting ballots for the winning design
PRIZE: The winner will receive a check for $100.00 and have their winning piece featured on the front of the NeedleArts magazine.
Here are the rules:
- There is no specific size requirement, but if we will be kitting it, smaller would be better than really large
- While the stitching has to be completed, the edges of your piece do not have to be finished when you submit it. It is up to you.
- Pieces that have a great deal of height and/or dimension are more difficult to photograph
- The color of the fabric you use does not matter as the colors of the design will stand out against almost any fabric
- Beads, metals, shiny surfaces and fabric can be somewhat difficult to photograph well because they reflect the light, but use your judgment here
- Since we may be kitting this, please keep good notes that we can turn into instructions
- The EGA Logo, the letters EGA or Embroiderers’ Guild of America must appear on the piece